August 23, 2008

Team Canada and Toronto Marlies

I only have a few for this post. Maybe starting to run short on ideas. Teams like Chicago and Boston are difficult to come up with alternate jerseys for without using a lot of elements that they have already used.

Anyways, I'll start with a quick Toronto Marlies jersey that I did.

The Marlies being the farm team of the Leafs, I took the opposite of the old Leafs jersey from the 30's, and added the Marlies' logo. I used the same lettering for the player's name. Then I took some old style numbering for the numbers.

Canada


Next, is Team Canada. Some people don't like to see black on any Canadian uniform. As for me, as long as I see the maple leaf on it I know it's Canada. So, I made a black Canadian alternate. The idea is a combination of the 1998 concept and the 2006 concept. The shoulder and arm piping is taken from the '98 Nagano jersey, while the thin white and red lines are the same idea as the minimalist '06 jersey from Torino.



That's it for now. Also, I know this blog has gotten a little off track from the lists I planned on doing, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. I'm sure I'll do some more lists in the future. In fact, just before the season starts I'll post my predictions such as conference standings and trophy winners.

No comments:


Followers